This lesson will provide an overview on how to import Behavior Incident data into Illuminate, in conjunction with behavior.txt and behavior-participants.txt.
Depending on Illuminate products purchased, the import of Behavior data may or mat not include Behavior tools and features in Illuminate. At minimum, importing Behavior data will be available for custom reporting needs.
About Behavior-Incidents Data
- The Behavior file contains the information needed to track student’s behavior incidents and the data that surrounds them. The behavior spec will consist of 2 files: behavior-incidents.txt and behavior-participants.txt. The behavior-incidents.txt must be imported before the behavior-participants.txt.
- Code Management configuration and setup may be required for the data to display as expected in Illuminate. Any time a code table is referenced, the value should match the code key for that code table in the import.
About Importing Behavior Incidents
This is not replacing the current behavior.txt import. This import will be in addition to that import. In order to import behavior data successfully, you will need to import all three imports:
For this import (and all future imports) we will create an "Import" user. This user will be used for any "created_by" fields (when this field is not provided in the import file).
Review the data specs for Behavior-Incidents.
- Import Incident Id
- Incident Date and Time
- Incident Report Status
- Incident Description Code
- Incident Description Details
- Incident School Site ID
Conditionally Required Fields
Fields marked as conditionally required means that whether the field is required depends on another criteria.
- Location on Site Code - Required if Major Incident (column 4) is null or 0/False
- Report Agency Code - Required if data in fields 31 - 34
Non-Required but Highly Recommended Fields
- See column K in the import specs for import notes relating to specific fields
When importing behavior-incidents.txt we will wipe all data (including participants, consequences, etc )related to the incidents in the file and re-import.
The import file should contain a single row per incident.
Configuring and customizing your behavior data in Illuminate requires a visit to Code Management! Learn how by visiting Code Management.