For clients who utilize our DnA product, we recommend that you upload one field of student data by going through the Mass Student Update tool. Please note that the file you are importing should only include two columns: Student ID and Column of Data you are wanting to update. The file should be saved as a tab delimited .txt file. Titles will vary depending on the specific student data you are updating.
Where to Start
1. Go to the Assessments tab and select Create a New Demographic.
2. Give it a title of "Next School" and select Save.
3. Add a column (Select column tab at top of page) called "Next School" and click Save.
4. Go to Responses and select Import Student Responses from a File.
5. Choose File Delimiter, Choose File and click Upload.
Next, create a Custom Report within the Demographic:
After the data uploads, you'll see it in the demographic. Now you'll need to create a report within the demographic.
1. Go to the Overview and click + Custom Report.
2. Name it "Next School Report."
3. Click Create.
Using the Mass Student Update tool:
Now you are all set up to utilize the Mass Student Update Tool.
1. Go to the Administration Gear icon and select Mass Student Update.
2. From the pulldown, select "Next School Report."
3. The dataset defaults to Student Demographics.
4. Click Next.
8. Select OK when you receive the "Are you sure?" message.
You will receive an email update when it is finished.