In this lesson, you will review how to pull or import Google Classroom Assignments into a DnA Points-Based Gradebook. This links the GC Assignment and is locked from further editing.
Changes made to Google Classroom Assignments do not automatically update back to DnA Gradebooks. A manual resync option is available in the event that Google Classroom Assignments scores have changed and changes need to reflect in DnA Gradebooks.
Before You Get Started
Review the following before you begin:
- Consider renaming archived Google Classrooms to assist with quickly selecting current Classrooms to pull from
- For import, the Assignment Name cannot exceed 24 characters
Users must have an email address in User Management that matches the email address used for Google Classroom.
Where to Start
- Go to Gradebook.
- Select My Gradebooks.
- Choose the title of your Gradebook.
- Go to Assignments.
- Select Import from Google Classroom.
Import from Google Classroom
- Select the Google Classroom want to import assignments from. Note that this is not a multi-select feature and both archived and current classrooms will display.
- Select the assignment you wish to import into your DnA Gradebook.
- To continue importing the selected assignment, click Next.
- Review Google Assignment Details, which cannot be changed in DnA.
- Add Categories or Tags, if applicable.
- Select Import Assignment to continue.
- Not ready yet? Select Previous to go back to the above step.
Why I Don't See Some of My Google Assignments? Google Assignments with student scores will only be available to import into DnA Gradebooks. You cannot import assignments without student scores.
I Got an Oops! Check your Assignment Name or Title. Does it have more than 24 characters? If so, edit the assignment name in your Google Classroom and try again.
View Your Google Classroom Assignment
- You should see the Google Classroom Assignment now in your gradebook.
- If you scroll your mouse over the assignment name and select Edit, you can see which assignment details are unable to be edited or changed.
I Don't See My Scores! Only graded and returned scores in Google Classwork will import into DnA Gradebooks. If you don't see scores, make sure to visit your Google Classroom.