In this lesson, you will review how to edit and resync or update Google Classroom Assignments into a Illuminate Points-Based Gradebook.Only student scores will update if changed from Google Classroom Assignments.
Changes made to Google Classroom Assignments do not automatically update back to Illuminate Gradebooks. A manual resync option is available in the event that Google Classroom Assignments scores have changed and changes need to reflect in Illuminate Gradebooks. This is a wipe and replace, so if any customization or changes have been made, they will beed to be reapplied to the assignment.
Find Your Gradebook
- Find and open the gradebook you wish to review and import assignment scores into.
- Preferred Tile Dashboard > View Gradebooks, or
- Gradebook > My Gradebook > Click to open the gradebook > Under Assignments, select Import from Google Classroom
Edit an Assignment
Most assignment information is coming from the Google Classroom Assignment and cannot be edited in Illuminate.
- You should see the Google Classroom Assignment now in your gradebook.
- If you scroll your mouse over the assignment name and select Edit, you can see which assignment details are unable to be edited or changed.
Only certain assignment details can be changed which are highlighted in red. Visit Create, Modify, and Delete an Assignment to learn more about these options.
Also Save This To will copy the imported assignment to other gradebooks. However, they will not be imported or linked, causing the link between Google Classroom Assignments to be broken in applied Gradebooks. Best Practice to keep scores linked is to import the assignment into each gradebook as desired.
Resync Assignment Scores
Student scores may change in your Google Classroom Assignments and they will need to update or resync student scores back to your Illuminate Gradebooks. Make any changes to the student scores in Google Classroom first, then return to your Illuminate Gradebook.
- If you scroll your mouse over the assignment name to see assignment options.
- Select GC Resync to update changes.
- Confirm the message that such updates will only apply to the existing gradebook.
- Select Cancel to go back.
Scores should reflect updated changes from Google Classroom in no time.
I Don't See My Scores! Only graded and returned scores in Google Classwork will import into Illuminate Gradebooks. If you don't see scores, make sure to visit your Google Classroom.