This lesson will review how to enter report card grades for multiple students for a group or family of fields.
Enter Grades by Field Group When you want to focus on all of your students in an area such as Reading. This allows you to see everything on the report card about reading for all of your students. This is especially helpful with tools like Fill-down, to make report card entry faster and more efficient.
Where to start
Click on Grades.
Under Report Cards, select Entry.
- Optional Select various Student Scope Selectors to choose which students to enter grades for
- Click Find Students to continue.
By default, selecting Find Students will provide all of your rostered students in the next screen. Only when you want to a specific student, course, or student group, would the Student Scope Selectors be helpful.
- Confirm the Grading Period of the Report Card.
- Select the Report Card to enter grades for.
- Select Load to continue.
- To enter by field group or area, go to the Entry by Field columns.
- Select the title of the area you would like to enter grades for.
My Options Looks Different This screen is built by your team according to how your report card looks. However, the title or the field group of the area should be boldly highlighted and in blue to stand out from the rest.
After making your selection to enter by student, field, or field group, you are able to switch seamlessly between different students, fields or field groups using the dropdown feature available in each entry screen.
When entering data using the Entry by Field Group option, you will see all fields in the group on your screen:
- Use the options made available in each box or field to enter grades for the student.
- You can also use the Jump to links to move your screen to other Field Groups quickly, selecting Load Field Group to change the entry screen.
- Save along the way as you proceed entering grades.
Some data may already be populated! This means data have might be arranged to pre-populate from Custom Reports, Gradebooks, or other data from Illuminate as designed by your team.
Filldown Entry Tool
- Select the Filldown option to mass enter grades for all students. A pop-up will appear to select grades for each field in the group.
- Select Blanks Only? to enter grades for students who are currently blank with the selected value.
- You can also choose a single field to filldown for all students.
- Select Close to cancel any selections made and return to the entry screen.
- To save filldown options, select Save.
- Once applied, the grades will appear in bold and the Save button will be appear.
- Select Save to save changes.
- Save as you are entering grades and making changes. It will highlight in bold when there are changes to be saved. A timestamp is also presented on the screen as to when the last save occurred.
- Publish is best used when you are completed with the student, before leaving the student entry screen or when done with entering grades for the time being. This also contributes to various audit reports and reporting.
Save or Publish? Both! Save, then Publish. Always.
- To quickly switch to the next Field Group, simply select the Field Group from the dropdown.
- To load the new field group for all students, select Load Field Group.