This lesson will guide you through reviewing your enrollment.txt import for accuracy.
- Make sure to have imported the required data fields prior to reviewing by visiting the guide enrollment.txt Import
- If you have any questions, please contact our Data Specialists via email at email@example.com
- Illuminate Tools and features may require specific setup in order to reflect your data correctly
Who Should Be Involved in this Validation?
The following person(s) should be part of the data accuracy review and validation process to ensure success of your data import process:
- Illuminate Data Lead
- Site Lead
- Site Level Data Entry Personnel
Accuracy and Validations to Review
Review Enrollment Counts
To confirm enrollment, it is usually best to start with totals. Please use the below reports to confirm accurate enrollment reporting. We recommend starting with the current year, then adjusting each report to review prior enrollment years.
- Use the report Data Check - Enrollment.txt AVC 1 (Enrollment Counts by Site) to confirm the accuracy of enrollment counts per site. If any issues are discovered, use the below reports to further evaluate where the error is occuring. Remember to always clear the import errors first as many times a reject enrollment record will throw off these counts.
- Use the report Data Check - Enrollment.txt AVC 2 (Enrollment Counts by Site and Grade Level) to hone in on which grade level at each site is not accurate.
- Use the report Data Check - Enrollment.txt AVC 3 (Enrollment Counts by Site, Grade Level, and Gender) if your current SIS has a similar report. This helps further evaluate where potential errors are occurring.
Want to review your other data files for accuracy? See additional guides in the Data Validation Process manual.