This lesson will guide you through reviewing your terms.txt import for accuracy.
- Make sure to have imported the required data fields prior to reviewing by visiting the guide terms.txt Import
- If you have any questions, please contact our Data Specialists via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Illuminate Tools and features may require specific setup in order to reflect your data correctly
Who Should Be Involved in this Validation?
The following person(s) should be part of the data accuracy review and validation process to ensure success of your data import process:
- Illuminate Data Lead
Accuracy and Validations to Review
Review the Term Manager
1. Click on the Administration Gear, then click Term Manager.
2. Once in the Term Manager, the page will default to the current academic year (if imported). To change to prior years, use the Select a Term set dropdown, select the desired year, and click Load.
3. Under the column header Terms, review each site's term date range and Type (Yearlong, Semester, Trimester, etc.). Pay special attention to the Term type, as this is one of the most common errors.
4. If any errors are discovered, check your data file and make the necessary adjustments before importing again.
5. You can also use the checkboxes to select common term types and make adjustments directly via the user interface via the Edit Terms, Delete Terms, and Create Terms buttons.
Note: if you are manually editing data through the Illuminate user interface, any changes that you make can be overwritten by subsequent imports. Make sure to have a plan: fix via imports or fix manually. Trying to do both may lead to unwanted overwrites to your manually updated data.
Want to review your other data files for accuracy? See additional guides in the Data Validation Process manual.