This lesson will guide you through reviewing your courses.txt import for accuracy.
- Make sure to have imported the required data fields prior to reviewing by visiting the guide courses.txt Import
- If you have any questions, please contact our Data Specialists via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Illuminate Tools and features may require specific setup in order to reflect your data correctly
Who Should Be Involved in this Validation?
The following person(s) should be part of the data accuracy review and validation process to ensure success of your data import process:
- Illuminate Data Lead
- District Secondary Education Lead
- Site Master Scheduler and Grade Leads
Accuracy and Validations to Review
The Process for Validating Course Data
Since there are a considerable number of accuracy validations for the courses.txt import, there are a series of sub-articles to help navigate through the course data validation process. Review each of the following below:
- Courses (Department Name) Data Accuracy and Validation
- Courses (Course Credits and Max Credits) Data Accuracy and Validation
- Courses (Course Weights) Data Accuracy and Validation
- Courses (Grade Level, low/high) Data Accuracy and Validation
- Courses (State Data) Data Accuracy and Validation
- Courses (Applicable Grade Marks) Data Accuracy and Validation
Note: As you proceed through each of the above course validation processes, keep in mind, that if you are manually editing data through the Illuminate user interface, any changes that you make can be overwritten by subsequent imports. Make sure to have a plan: fix via imports or fix manually. Trying to do both may lead to unwanted overwrites to your manually updated data.
Want to review your other data files for accuracy? See additional guides in the Data Validation Process manual.