This lesson will guide you through reviewing your course credits and max credits from the courses.txt import for accuracy.
- Make sure to have imported the required data fields prior to reviewing by visiting the guide courses.txt Import
- If you have any questions, please contact our Data Specialists via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Illuminate Tools and features may require specific setup in order to reflect your data correctly
Who Should Be Involved in this Validation?
The following person(s) should be part of the data accuracy review and validation process to ensure success of your data import process:
- Illuminate Data Lead
- District Secondary Education Lead
- Site Master Scheduler and Grade Leads
Accuracy and Validations to Review
For Illuminate, the listed credit value is what will be given for each Final Grading Period and not the total credit value for the year.
1. Using the method described in ACV 1, please check the accuracy of all courses credit values.
Note: Course credits cannot be left blank if you are using secondary report cards.
This field should only have data populated in it if a course can only be retaken for credits a certain number of times. For example, if a student can only take a 5 credit English course for credit 3 times, then the Max Credit value would be 15. This would mean that for any attempt above 15, the student would not receive any credits for the course above 15 and one of the 4 attempts would be considered a repeat.
1. To check Max Credits for all Courses, use the custom report Data Check - Courses.txt AVC (Courses Credits and Max Credits).
2. Make sure that only courses that should have Max Credits are appearing on this report.
Want to review your other data files for accuracy? See additional guides in the Data Validation Process manual.