This lesson will guide you through reviewing the applicable grade marks from the courses.txt import for accuracy.
- Make sure to have imported the required data fields prior to reviewing by visiting the guide courses.txt Import
- If you have any questions, please contact our Data Specialists via email at email@example.com
- DnA Tools and features may require specific setup in order to reflect your data correctly
Who Should Be Involved in this Validation?
The following person(s) should be part of the data accuracy review and validation process to ensure success of your data import process:
- DnA Data Lead
- District Secondary Education Lead
- Site Master Scheduler and Grade Leads
Accuracy and Validations to Review
Verify Course Applicable Grade Marks
Make sure your Control Panel is set to the district level site before beginning.
1. Click Scheduling, then Course Details.
2. Use the Filter, Department, Course Name, and Course ID filters to search for a course.
3. Set the Is Active dropdown to All.
4. Click Search. This will generate a list of all courses that have successfully been imported.
5. Click the View or Edit icons to view the course.
6. Scroll down to the Applicable Grades section of the course to spot check the information.
7. Continue this process for several more courses that will be used to post secondary grades.
Note: All courses that will be associated to secondary grades will need to have Applicable Grade Marks identified for grades to be able to be posted for students. If Applicable Grade Marks are not associated to courses in your legacy SIS then you can either:
1. Add those manually to the courses.txt file OR
2. Edit the courses directly in DnA. If you plan to manually edit courses you can reference the guide Create and Edit a Course.
Want to review your other data files for accuracy? See additional guides in the Data Validation Process manual.