In this lesson, you will learn how to modify existing itembank assessments in regards to CORE SEL Surveys. While these survey/assessments are available and ready to use out of the box, in this lesson you will be guided how to duplicate to refine and edit to meet your organizational goals.
CORE Social Emotional Learning or SEL Surveys are available to installed and shared by your Customer Success Manager.
Before You Get Started
Please make sure to review the following:
- Talk to your Customer Success Manager about implementing and adminsitering CORE Survey Assessments
- Review our CORE Social Emotional Learning Surveys Guide
- Examine the available surveys with a team to determine if editing is necessary
- Have Permission to build assessments in the Itembank, as well as duplicate published Itembank assessments
- Modify such assessments within the testadmin user account, or account that manages assessments from the District/Organizational level
There are multiple ways to duplicate an itembank assessment. If the assessment is new with no student data, upon opening the assessment you will be prompted with some options.
1. Select Duplicate Itembank Assessment.
You will be prompted to select how you want to duplicate or make a copy of the assessment. Duplicate as provides two options:
- Not Published (most common) creates an editable copy in the itembank account
- Published creates a published non-editable copy sent directly to the Illuminate Assessments > List Assessments in the itembank account
- Select Not Published
- Select Duplicate to confirm the duplicate copy or Cancel to stop the duplication process.
Once duplicated, you will be taken to the Illuminate Itembank to a "Copy of" <Assessment Title> in the connected itembank account.
Once duplicated, you will be taken to the Illuminate Itembank to a "Copy of" the assessment.
- Edit and adjust the Title (1), removing the "Copy of" and refining the name of the assessment to something different than the original.
Best Practice Tip! Remove "Copy of" and replace with your LEA or District Name, or something to place in the title that this SEL Survey is a different version that the original master.
By default, when duplicating an itembank assessment, you will be directed into the Illuminate itembank to begin your revision. To find SEL appropriate items, you will be prompted to start searching by standard:
To search for already built and existing items available to add to your survey, because it is so particular to Social Emotional Learning attributes and standards, there are specific search criteria to use:
- Under California, select Preschool Learning Foundations standards.
- Select Social-Emotional Development (2009).
- Select Around 60 months of age.
If these standards are not available, contact a Support Specialist or your Customer Success Manager to install these standards into your site.
- Once the standards appear, click SDEV.K to link to the assessment.
Once the survey has been duplicated, click Step 4 to edit and refine the assessment as needed using the Itembank tools available.
- Remove each item in this version of the assessment as appropriate.
- On the righthand side, you will see items and other sections being removed from this assessment version.
Now that your assessment has been modified, move forward to Step 6 or select Next. This is where you can publish this new version of the assessment into your testadmin account.
- Review the Number of Questions and Question Groups.
- Review the breakdown.
- Publish the assessment will send a ready to administer copy to the connected Illuminate account.
- Select Return to Illuminate to continue.
Continue the bove process for each section or version of the original CORE Survey.