This lesson will guide you through reviewing the course grade levels and site ID affiliations from the courses.txt import for accuracy.
- Make sure to have imported the required data fields prior to reviewing by visiting the guide courses.txt Import
- If you have any questions, please contact our Data Specialists via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DnA Tools and features may require specific setup in order to reflect your data correctly
Who Should Be Involved in this Validation?
The following person(s) should be part of the data accuracy review and validation process to ensure success of your data import process:
- DnA Data Lead
- District Secondary Education Lead
- Site Master Scheduler and Grade Leads
Accuracy and Validations to Review
The Low Grade Level ID and the High Grade Level ID should correspond with the grade levels for which this course can be available for. For example, if you have a generic Homeroom course that is used by grade K-6, then the Low Grade Level ID should be set as value 1 (for kindergarten) and the High Grade Level ID as 7 (for grade 6). One of the common errors is to just set every course as being available at all grade levels, which unnecessarily affiliates high school courses to elementary grade levels and vice versa.
To view the corresponding Low and High Grade Level for each of your courses, make sure you are logged in at the district level site in your Control Panel. Then do the following:
- Click Grades, then Course Details.
- Use the filters to find your courses.
- Click Search.
- Click the View or Edit icons to the course you would like to view.
- Click Course Grade Levels at the top of the page.
- Review the grade levels listed on the page.
Site ID is another important field to ensure each course is affiliated to the appropriate site. For example, Government AP is a strictly High School course and, therefore, should only be available at the high school sites. With that in mind, only your high school site IDs should be affiliated to this course.
To view your site affiliations for your courses, create a custom report with the following fields:
- Course ID
- Course Short Name
- Course Long Name
- Roster Site ID
- Roster Site Name
Want to review your other data files for accuracy? See additional guides in the Data Validation Process manual.