This lesson will guide you through how to Resave an Online Testing Administration.
This is a suggested fix when users notice that students can not access an online test via the portal. Possible errors students might see to alert you to this access issue might include messages like “502 Bad Gateway Error".
When Do I Need to Resave?
Re-Saving is only necessary when you are experiencing inconsistencies or unable to create and save an Active Administration and in turn, allow students to log into their portal accounts, to take the assigned assessment.
- Go to Assessments > View Assessments and open the desired assessment by clicking on the Title.
- Under Administration, select Online Testing to review current administrations.
Online Testing Administration
- Select Edit for the Active Administration needed to refresh or re-save.
Note the Status would show as stuck or incomplete with an error message as shown above.
- Select Save to refresh the administration.
- The status will begin to refresh. It should show as Complete.
At this point students should be able to login as expected to continue taking the assessment.