In this lesson you will learn the basics on how to add a chart to a custom report.
Before You Get Started
In order to add a chart, make sure to have the following:
- At least (1) completed Custom Report
- Goal in mind of how you want to see the data from the Custom Report to the Chart
Where to Start
- Visit Reports > View Reports. Search and find the Custom Report to add a chart to > Click the title to open the report.
- From within an open Custom Report, select Charts > New Chart to get started.
- To start, the chart will be blank.
- Columns in the report will be available to build the chart.
- Click-Drag-Drop data as appropriate in Category, Measure, and Series, depending on what type of chart you want to build.
- At least one Category and Measure must be entered in order to Save the chart
- To access additional tools and settings, select Settings.
- To expand the chart view and collapse the tools, select Expand. To return, select Collapse.
Data will be separated by type such as Text, Number, and Date. To start building a chart, choose values to place in at least the following as appropriate to visualize the report.
- Select a data field to drag and drop into Category, Measures, and/or Series.
- Measure is which data field is how the category should be measured by
- Category is what is being measured
- Series is an optional way to further group and compare the data
Can I Use the Same Data Field in Multiple Places? Sure! Depending on your goals for the chart!
- Select Settings to change chart options.
- Change the chart type by selecting a different type.
- Select to the checkbox to enable a legend, or key to understanding the chart and data better.
- Alignment Tools are available to move the legend around the chart, depending on how much data is in the report
- Floating the legend places it anywhere on the graph
- By default Chart Title is enabled from the start but can be disabled if unchecked.
- Have long category labels? Rotate them by selecting the checkbox Rotate Labels.