In this lesson you will learn how to apply various settings to a chart such as the chart type.
Before You Get Started
In order to add a chart, make sure to have the following:
- At least (1) completed Custom Report
- Goal in mind of how you want to see the data from the Custom Report to the Chart
- At least (1) category and (1) measure in a chart to access additional settings
- Review Chart Type Abstract for more information about each type available
Once a chart has been saved, additional settings are available.
- Select Settings to get started.
- The current type selected is outlined in blue.
As chart settings are applied, make sure to Save changes as often as necessary.
Review Chart Options
Chart Types are available when creating a chart, however, not every chart type is perfect to represent the report. The following chart types may be selected:
- Column Graph
- Bar Graph
- Stacked Column Graph
- Stacked Bar Graph
- Stacked Percent Column Graph
- Stacked Percent Bar Graph
- Pie Graph
- Donut Graph
- Line Graph
- Scatter Plot Graph
- Data View
Choose a Chart Type
- Select a type to see the data change such as a Donut.
- Notice some chart types may not best represent the data in the report.
- Continue exploring chart options that best represent the data.
Which Graph Do I Choose? The great thing about this tool ist hat when you select a type, your data instantly changes. For more chart options and guidance, visit Chart Type Abstract to learn more!
- Apply changes by selecting Save.
- Enter a Chart Title, if not already entered.
- Optional Enter a Description about the chart.
- Select Close to NOT apply changes and go back.
- Select Save to continue.
Ready to learn more? Visit Charts to get started.
Learn additional features that can be applied to your chart by visiting Add Legends & Labels.