In this lesson you will learn how to apply chart legends and labels to help understand the data being represented.
Before You Get Started
In order to add a chart, make sure to have the following:
- At least (1) completed Custom Report
- Goal in mind of how you want to see the data from the Custom Report to the Chart
- At least (1) category and (1) measure in a chart to access additional settings
Where to Start
Once a chart has been saved, additional settings are available.
- Select Settings to get started.
As chart settings are applied, make sure to Save changes as often as necessary.
1. Legend Options
By default, the legend, or key to help readers understand the data, is not enabled.
- Select the checkbox Show Legend to enable a legend on the chart. The chart will be placed on the Bottom-Center by default.
2. Title & Label Options
Show Chart Title
- Apply changes by selecting Save.
- Enter a Chart Title, if not already entered.
- Optional Enter a Description about the chart.
- Select Close to NOT apply changes and go back.
- Select Save to continue.
Ready to learn more? Visit Charts to get started.
If your charts are complete, learn how to Export a Chart.