This lesson will guide you through the process of pushing Illuminate assessment results to your Synergy Gradebook.
Required Permission: Enable Synergy Integration
Where to Start
1. Click on Assessments.
2. Under General, select View Assessments.
3. Once on the list of assessments, click on the title of the assessment you wish to push results for.
Push Scores to Synergy Gradebook
1. Click the Administration tab.
2. Select Push to Synergy.
1. Assignment Name: This is the name that will appear in your Synergy Gradebook once the push has been completed. The integration will automatically create the assignment and push the scores into the assignment.
2. Assignment Description (optional): Use this field to add a short description to your assignment.
3. Class: Select the class you would like to push the assessment scores to.
4. Weight: This is the "points" field in your Synergy Gradebook. It auto-calculates the weight based on the total points in the assessment answer key.
5. District Measure Type: This is populated from the District Measure Type within Synergy. If you would like to use a teacher-created Measure Type, you can change this value once the push has been committed and the assignment is visible in the Synergy Gradebook.
6. District Subject: Select the subject that applies to your assignment. If you need a subject that is not listed, contact your district administrator to add the new subject to your Synergy instance.
7. Click the blue Submit button to push the assessment scores to your Synergy Gradebook.
The main areas to take note of are Assignment Name, Class, and Weight.
- The Assignment Name dictates if a new assignment is being created, or if an existing assignment is being updated.
- The Class points to the group of students receiving assessment scores.
- The Weight controls the point value of the assignment.
Yes! If you use the exact same name in a push, you can update an existing assignment within Synergy. This is helpful when you have late adds to an assessment and want the new data to be pushed to Synergy.
Yes. Make sure this field in your assessment falls within the correct Synergy grading period.
Check your First Date Administered date (Setup > Information) and Date Taken (Administration > Enter/Edit) dates in the Illuminate assessment. These dates should match.
If adjusting the dates does not resolve the issue, please reach out to your district administrators as they will need to work with Illuminate Support to resolve the issue.
To push assessment results to other Gradebooks or classes, repeat the process for each individual Gradebook or class.