Description: This is an abstract for Text to Speech, an online testing tool that can be enabled for students when taking an assessment online.
Purpose: Provides an explanation of how Text to Speech works and the student view.
Navigation: Assessments > View Assessments > 'Title of Assessment' > Administration > Online Testing > Test in Portal > Tool Settings > TTS Passage and/or TTS Question
Supported Assessment Types
Text to Speech Review
Text to Speech is a read aloud tool that reads text from the online assessment to students.
When it is enabled, TTS is enabled for all students in the online testing roster.
Students have the ability to Start, Stop, Pause, and adjust the Speed of the text being read.
TTS is not functional on items rendered through CoreSpring.
- Click the Play icon for the text to being reading.
- Click Pause to stop the reading at it's current spot which can be resume from that place.
- Click Stop to stop the reading and when started resumed will start from the beginning of the question or passage.
- Click the dropdown menu to select a reading speed (Slow, Normal, and Fast).
- The sentence being read is highlighed in light blue. The individual word in that sentence being read is highlighted in a darker blue.
Start enabling testing tools in your assessment by visiting Online Testing for Teachers!