Classroom allows Administrators to set valid grade templates for teachers to use when grading assignments. Follow these steps to set up the grading templates for your school.
Where to Start
Click on the Course Settings tab then go to Valid Grades.
Create or Modify a Template
To create a template, click the Create New Template button. Give your template a Name and check the box if you want to share your template with others.
To edit a template, click the Edit Template button. You can edit the template Name, Share/Unshare the template, or add new mark(s).
Click the Add New Mark button to add a mark to your template.
To add a new mark, the following must be defined:
- Mark: can be numeric or alphabetic and can contain symbols like + or
- Proficient: choose if the grade shows student proficiency or not
- Grade Type: choose if this is to be used a Grade and will be averaged or if the mark is Special and will not be averaged.
When adding a new mark, the following options are available:
- Comment (optional): enter a comment that will be displayed whenever the grade is used
- Description (optional): enter a description of the grade
- Conversion (optional): enter a conversion value to be used in grade averaging. If a conversion is not entered, the grade will not be averaged in the gradebook.
- Min Value (optional) : enter a minimum grade (used in standards based grading only)
When you're done adding marks to your template, click the Lock Changes to prevent other users from editing or removing your template.
Save to Courses
Click the Save To... button to save your template to selected courses. Once you've checked off all the courses this template applies to, click the Apply Changes button to save your template to those courses.
Ready for more? Visit our Setting up Grading Periods and Course Categories document.