In this lesson, you will review how to create new assignments.
Where to Start
1. Click Assignments, then New Assignment.
Add Assignment Details
2. Enter the assignment Title, Viewable Date (date to be viewable by students on PupilPath), Marking Period, and select the Category the assignment falls in (to edit course categories go to the Course Settings tab Course Categories). Along with the above selections you can also choose the Marking Period for the assignment, the Max Points the assignment is worth, as well as the Weight of the assignment.
3. An assignment can be excluded from the average by deselecting the Is Graded check box.
4. If the assignment Is Extra Credit select the check box.
5. To attach standards to the assignment click the Attach Standards button.
Only the standards attached to the course from the Course Settings > Course Standards screen will be available for application to the assignment.
6. To attach a file to the assignment click the Attach Files button.
*Only files which are already uploaded to your account may be selected.
1. Click Account, then File Manager.
2. Enter your assignment details for students to view in the Description box.
3. Check off the courses that should have this assignment and select the appropriate category.
4. Once complete, select Save Assignment and you may begin grading in your Gradebook.
To see all of the other features available in Classroom, see the lessons in the chapter IO Classroom, Classroom Teacher.