In this lesson, you will review how to grade a single assignment in Classroom.
Where to Start
1. Click Grade, then Grade Assignment.
2. The class you are working with at the moment is highlighted in blue at the top of your page.
3. Select the assignment you would like to grade from the drop-down menu.
4. Once the assignment is selected you can edit the assignment, analyze the data, and view more information.
5. To make changes to the assignment click Edit Assignment.
6. To grade your students, type the grade within the 1st box or click on a grading icon.
Note: Please be mindful to grade according to your max point scale. Failure to do so may give you incorrect averages if you did not mean to add extra points.
7. Once a grade is placed in the box the indicator light to the left of the grading box will go from yellow to green. If the indicator light turns red, this means that the grade did not save.
Please note, grades will automatically save within Classroom. In stand-by mode the indicator lightwill be yellow, in save mode it will turn green, and in error the light will turn red.
8. Below the grading icons is a comment box. Comments will be displayed in PupilPath.
9. The alphabet letters located to the left of the student image allows you to jump to any student whose last name starts with that letter of the alphabet.
1. If you attached standard(s) to your assignment, the option to grade will be directly below the comment box. A standard can be graded individually from the assignment grade and from other standards. In order to set up the valid grade for the standards go to Settings, then Valid Standard Grades.
2. Selecting the icons next to the comment box gives you the option to populate the overall grade for the assignment based on the average from the standard grades. It also allows the user to "push" the overall grade from the assignment down to the standards.
To see all of the other features available in Classroom, see the lessons in the chapter IO Classroom, Classroom Teacher.