In this lesson, you will review how to use the Find & Replace option in the Gradebook.
Where to Start
1.In the Gradebook view when selecting a cell you will get two pop-up menus with different icons. The left contains Student Tools, and the right contains Assignment Tools.
2. Select the Find & Replace icon to use the find and replace feature. Note: There are two separate Find & Replace icons, please continue reading below to view the differences.
Assignment Tools Option
3. After selecting the Assignment Tools (right) Find & Replace icon you will see the image above.
4. You can select an assignment and enter the grade you wish to find and replace.
5. Once you edit, select the Submit button to apply your changes. Note: Use this feature to grade in bulk such as giving all students a 100 or filling in blanks as 0's.
Student Tools Option
6. After selecting the Student Tools (left) Find & Replace icon you will see the image above.
7. You can choose a student from the drop-down menu.
8. Once complete select the Submit button to apply your changes.
Functions Tab Option
1. Under Grade > Grade Assignment > Functions you can also use the Find & Replace feature.
2. After selecting the assignment in the Details tab, you can select the Functions tab. Here you can find a grade and replace a grade. You also have other options available. You can create a comment and also establish a curve.
Optional: See the lesson Gradebook: Grading Curves to read more on using the grade curve feature.
To see all of the other features available in Classroom, see the lessons in the chapter IO Classroom, Classroom Teacher.