In this lesson, you will review how to grade on a curve using Classroom. Curves can be input through the Single Assignment Grading screen, Gradebook, or Take Attendance screens.
Where to Start
1. Click Assignments, then Show Assignments.
2. Once selected you will be brought to the Assignments page. Select an assignment to view in Single Assignments view.
3. From the Single Assignments screen, click the Functions Tab.
4. Click Show Curves to open the curve input box. Type in the curve where needed.
Curve feature: This adds or subtracts the same number of points to all students grades for an assignment. The curve value is input by the teacher. Enter the points to be added or subtracted and click Apply Curve.
Auto Curve feature: This function finds the student with the highest mark on the assignment and calculates the number of points needed to give that student a perfect score on the assignment. Then that amount of points is added to every students assignment mark.
Show Curve feature: This functions can show the curve or hide it.
The curve is shown in the image above.
The curve is hidden in the image above.
1. To curve from the Gradebook, double-click on a cell to open the curve input text box.
2. The Gradebook and Take Attendance screens only allow for manual curving. Once a curve is entered in the gradebook, the cell will appear underlined.
1. Click Attendance, then Take Attendance.
2. In this view select Submit Grades.
3. Selecting the assignment using the Choose Assignment dropdown.
4. Double-click on a student in the Seating Chart.
5. After double-clicking the student you can enter the desired curve.
To see all of the other features available in Classroom, see the lessons in the chapter IO Classroom, Classroom Teacher.