In this lesson, you will review how to set up grading categories and marking periods.
Where to Start
1. Click Course Settings, then Course Categories.
2. Select the course you wish to edit.
3. To edit all of your classes at once, leave the dropdown as is.
4. Add the amount of marking periods in the current term (maximum of 8).
5. List all of the Course Categories for each subject area(s) with the appropriate weights.
6. If each of your schools terms consists of three marking periods, add a fourth marking period to produce a final cumulative average. Set the fourth marking period as cumulative of the prior three. This final marking period must have all categories included from the previous marking periods.
7. Once complete, click the Save to button and select all of the courses and or subject areas that follow this rubric. Apply the changes.
8. Be mindful that when you apply changes to multiple courses, you will overwrite each courses categories and weights.
To see all of the other features available in Classroom, see the lessons in the chapter IO Classroom, Classroom Teacher.