This lesson will guide you on adding data to the custom report. Please be advised, data available in Illuminate may vary in your site.
Where to Start
Once you have created and opened the custom report, select Add Columns, to add data.
1. Click or type into the Data Types box and select the needed data type. You can select multiple types at once.
2. Click and type into the Categories to select needed categories. You can select multiple categories at once.
3. Click and type into the Columns to pick the specific data columns you would like on your report. You can select multiple columns at once.
4. Click the X to the left of a Data Type, Category, or Column to remove it.
4. Click Add Columns.
Tips and Tricks to Adding Data: The Sacred Six
Certain data when added to a report can cause multiple records or rows and provide unexpected results.The Sacred Six are data categories that must have their partner also added to the report to use as a filter and help you achieve the best, most accurate results. Please note, depending on the nature of the report, you may not need to add these columns of data.
- When you need to add Enrollment<Grade Level, also add Enrollment<Academic Year
- When you need to add Teacher<Teacher Name, also add Roster<Roster is Current
- When you need to add Enrollment<Site Name, also add Enrollment<Site Current
Once data columns have been added, filters will need to be applied.
Once data has been added, the system will take you to Manage Columns to manage how the report will look with the new data added.
If you are ready to use Filters to narrow down who this report is about, check out Use Filters on Custom Reports!