In this lesson, you will review how to analyze attendance data through the attendance book. Classroom allows teachers to analyze student attendance over time. Skedula also allows analysis of a student'scourse attendance and school daily attendance attendance and allows analysis of attendance across all courses.
Where to Start
1. Select the course you would like to setup a seating chart for on the top of Classroom.
Note: If you cannot see all your courses, hover your mouse over All Courses on the top right hand side. If you have too many courses in the drop down menu, see the guide Settings: Grouping Courses Together.
2. Click Attendance, then Take Attendance.
1. Click the bar graph to the left of the students name that you would like to analyze.
2. Scroll down to the Visual Breakdown to see the Attendance Over Time line graph. This will show the percentage of course attendance over time for the weeks that you have taken attendance over the current term.
3. The next graphs are circle graphs with course and school daily attendance. This will show the percentages the student was Present, Absent, Late and Excused for course and school daily attendance for the current term.
4. Click on the key to separate an attendance marker from the rest of the graph so it is easier to see.
5. Hover your mouse over a piece of the graph to see the percentage and number of times a student was marked with that attendance marker.
6. The bar graph at the bottom shows the students attendance across all courses. This will show the percentages the student was Present, Absent, Late and Excused for each course for the current term, as taken by the teacher for that course.
7. Click on the key to remove an attendance marker from the courses of the graph. Click the marker again to add it back to the graph.
8. Hover your mouse over a piece of the graph to see the percentage and number of times a student was marked with that attendance marker for a course.
To see all of the other features available in Classroom, see the lessons in the chapter IO Classroom, Classroom Teacher.