In this lesson, you will review how to upload grades into your Classroom Gradebook from Excel.
Where to Start
1. Click Grade, then Gradebook.
2. In the Gradebook view click on any cell to view the Gradebook tools.
3. Click the Upload Grades icon to upload grades from Excel to the Gradebook.
Note: There is no direct method of uploading the entire gradebook since grades are tied to assignments. Therefore in order to upload grades you must download the Assignment Template to upload grades first. Please continue reading for more information.
4. In order to upload grades to the gradebook you will have to first select an Assignment category from the drop-down menu.
5. Download the template. When you have the template open you can attach your grades and save it locally on your drive.
6. Once this has been completed you will be able to browse for the CSV file and use the Upload function to upload your grades.
7. Once you upload your grades using the template you will see an image similar to the one above.
8. The green-shaded portion shows accepted grades and the red-shaded portion are non-excepted grades.
Note: You will have to do this for every assignment.
To see all of the other features available in Classroom, see the lessons in the chapter IO Classroom, Classroom Teacher.