In this lesson, you will review how to take attendance trough the spreadsheet view (attendance book) in Classroom.
Where to Start
1. Select the course you would like to setup a seating chart for on the top of Classroom.
Note: If you cannot see all your courses, hover your mouse over All Courses on the top right hand side. If you have too many courses in the drop down menu, see the guide Settings: Grouping Courses Together.
2. Click Attendance, then Take Attendance.
Select Attendance Days
1. Click the Filters tab on the right hand side of the screen.
2. Choose which weeks of attendance you would like displayed.
3. Choose which days of the week you would like to enter attendance days for.
4. Check the box if you would like to show possible cuts. This will compare the schools daily attendance to your course attendance.
5. Click Apply Filter to save your choices. This will take you back to the attendance book.
Edit Attendance Marks
1. Edit the attendance using the Attendance book. Type A (Absent), P (Present), L (Late) or E (Excused) in the boxes. The most recent week will appear on the left. Scroll right for more days of attendance.
2. If you chose to show possible cuts, a red circle will appear next to students that were marked Present for official school daily attendance but absent for the course.
Note: Attendance will automatically save. If there is an entry that cannot be saved, the box around it will be red.
3. Double click an attendance box to write in a comment for the student in the row on the date listed.
4. Click Save Changes on the top right hand side to save the comment.
To see all of the other features available in Classroom, see the lessons in the chapter IO Classroom, Classroom Teacher.