This lesson contains frequently asked questions about folders in the DDC exam system.
Where to Start
What is the difference between a "Public" and "Private" exam?
- "Private" exams can only be seen by the exam creator and by website admins. "Public" exams can be seen by anyone who can log on to the DDC website.
- "Private" exams are always located in the "Private Exams" folder at the top of the folder tree. All other folders in the tree are considered "Public'.
- Why can't I create a "Public" exam?
- The folder system has a highly customizable permissions system that allows district staff to determine who gets to create, edit, and move "Public" exams. If you cannot create a "Public' exam, it is because you have not been granted sufficient privileges.
- How to I convert a "Private" exam to "Public" and vice-versa?
- Those users with sufficient privileges can convert a private exam to public by simply dragging the exam from the "Private Exams" folder to a "Public" folder. Doing the opposite will convert an exam from public to private. See this KB article for more info: How To - Move exams from one folder to another
- Can I restrict my district users from creating "Private" exams?
- Yes. This can be done in the permissions interface. Contact DDC Support for more details.
- Is there a limit to how many folders I can create?
Can I move and rearrange folders?
- You must have sufficient permissions to move and rearrange folders. If you have the proper permissions, moving a folder is as simple as dragging and dropping it. You can also re-order the folders via drag and drop. See this KB article for more info: How To - Manage Folders
To learn more about DDC exams, see the lessons in Classroom, DDC.