This lesson contains exam scanner release notes for DDC.
Where to Start
Release 3.4.4 - 10/26/2010 (Critical for some users)
- Fixed bug where scanner would freeze sometimes when trying to scan consecutive batches without uploading
Release 3.4.3 - 10/25/2010 (Critical for some users)
- Added ability to rotate multiple images at the same time
- Added ability to delete multiple images at the same time
- Changed deskew operation so that image is no longer cropped slightly at the bottom
- Increased reliability of upload operation
- Release 3.4.2 - 08/30/2010 (Critical for some users)
- Fixes bug where double-clicking on the Scan Sheets button would crash scanner
- Fixes bug where images were stored in a directory not accessible to non-administrative users. This would cause the scan to behave erratically.
- Updated PDF conversion tools to latest version.
- Release 3.4.1 - 05/29/2010 (Unreleased)
- Test build for permissions issues.
- Release 3.4 - 03/11/2010 (Optional)
- Warnings for low DPI images have been added and will appear during the scanning process.
- Warnings for incorrect page size have been added and will appear during the scanning process.
- We've added a "Get Help" button that takes you directly to our DDC Exam Scanner Knowledge Base.
Release 3.3 - 02/26/2010 (Optional)
- Import PDF functionality is now fully operational. The previous watermark no longer appears on the page.
- Added deskewing to sheets imported from PDF and TIFF.
- Changed some wording in the application for better clarity.
- Increased compatibility with some stand-alone scanners. If you were having issues with the page size not saving, this update may help.
Release 3.2 - 02/01/2010 (Critical)
- Exam sheets are now transferred using 256-bit AES encryption.
- A time estimate for processing of the batch of exams is now included in the confirmation dialog after uploading sheets to DDC. This time estimate is approximate and fluctuates depending on the exam load at the time.
Release 3.1.7 - 12/11/2009 (Optional)
- Updated 3rd party controls to latest version.
- Removed unnecessary files from installation.
Release 3.1.6 - 10/16/2009 (Critical)
- Added CCITT Group 4 Fax compression to all imported TIFF images during importing.
Release 3.1.5 - 9/17/2009 (Critical)
- Removed dependency on wininet.dll that caused non-administrative windows logins to fail.
Release 3.1.4 - 9/16/2009 (Optional)
- Improved compatibility with Canon scanners.
Release 3.1.3 - 8/25/2009 (Optional)
- Added Zoom In, Zoom Out, Zoom Selection, and Pan.
Release 3.1.2 - 8/18/2009 (Optional)
- Added exit confirmation if the user has not uploaded all sheets.
- Added choice for 400 DPI in scan options.
Release 3.1.1 - 7/14/2009 (Critical)
- Fixed issue with deskewing. Now all images that get scanned or imported should be automatically deskewed.
Release 3.1 - 7/12/2009 (Critical)
- Changed compression mode from JPEG to Group 4.
- Replaced .NET Framework 3.5 prerequisite executable with a smaller version.
To learn more about DDC exams, see the lessons in IO Classroom, DDC.