In this lesson, you will learn how to log into Illuminate with your Google Single Sign-On (SSO) account.
Your Illuminate System Admin will have your account and site information. To get started, make sure to retrieve the following information to log in and get illuminated:
- Your site's URL for Illuminate Education (e.g., districtname.illuminateEd.com)
- Your username and password for Illuminate Education
- Computer and Internet access
- Open your favorite internet browser (i.e., Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Open your preferred browser and type your district's URL, or web address, at the top of your screen. Press Enter on your keyboard.
- If someone has given you the website link electronically (e.g., in an email), you can visit the site by simply clicking the link in the email message.
- Often you can find the address as a link on your district's staff portal, as well.
- For users who use Google Single Sign On or Google SSO, simple select Sign in with Google! You will be prompted to authenticate your account.
- If you need password assistance, contact your Site's Google System Administrator as Illuminate's Forgot Password will not be helpful to you.
- Enter your Google Email "Gmail" Address.
- Select Next.
- Verify it is you, by entering your password.
- Select Next, to continue.
- Use your preferred process to complete the 2-Step Verification and place the provided code in Enter Code.
- Select Next to continue.
If your username or gmail address cannot be found or authenticated, you want to contact your Districts G-Suite Admin to assist you further.
- If you use multiple Illuminate tools, we may ask how do you want to start illuminating your day. Select the tool or product you wish to start.
- If you do not have more than one Illuminate tool, you will not see this page and be directly taken to your account.
Illuminate App Picker
- If you have multiple Illuminate products, you will see an App Picker found in the top navigation panel. This when selected, will show you a list of your tools to quickly start illuminating from one another.
- If no other tools are available, this will not display.
While in your site, there are three ways to log out of your account:
Your computer determines how to activate the Quick Switcher.
- For PCs, select and hold CTRL + K
- For Apple or Mac, select and hold Command (CMD) + K
The Quick Switcher will pop-up on your screen.
- Type Sign Out in the search bar.
- Using your keyboard arrows, select Sign Out and Enter. If using your mouse, click Sign Out and Enter.
Don't Want to Sign Out? Select ESC or Escape on your keyboard to close the Quick Switcher and continue illuminating.
Illuminate is known for its intuitive design, so there is much you can learn just by exploring the site. Log back in and start exploring!