Once an assessment has been published, students must be activated if it is to be taken online. There are 2 ways to activate an assessment, with a 4-Digit PIN number for added security, or without a PIN. This document reviews how to activate an assessment with a PIN.
Please refer to the Help Document, Activating an Assessments Without a 4-Digit PIN, to learn how to activate students without a PIN Number.
From the Top Menu Bar, click on Assessments
On the Manage Assessments page, find the assessment to administer, and select the bolded Online Admin icon (computer monitor) (1b).
[Note: The Online Admin icon will be bolded if Online was selected as a Method of Delivery in the last step, “Setup”, of the assessment creation process, the assessment has been Published, students have been scheduled to take the assessment, and the testing window is open.]
Or, from the Launchpad, click on the ONLINE flip card. On the flipped side, select Schedule/Monitor (1c), then select the assessment you want to administer (1d).
- Note that all students have a vertical gray bar to the left of their ID numbers and are shown as Inactive in the column, Status of Items Attempted, also color-coded gray.
- Activate the entire roster by clicking on the box next to Student ID in the top teal bar. Check marks will appear to the left of each student’s name and ID number. Or, to activate specific students, click on the box to the left of each student’s name and ID number.
- Once students have been selected, the Activate With PIN button will be bolded. To complete the activation process, click on Activate With PIN.
- A message will appear confirming the number of students who have been activated. Click OK
Once activated, the gray bar next to each active student’s name will change to purple as indicated in the color-coding key, along with the PIN. Active, also in purple, will show in the column, Status of Items Attempted. Students are active, but have not yet started to view or answer any of the items in the Student Portal.
Student Portal Launchpad
- Click on the TAKE ASSESSMENTS Flip Card to reveal the list of activated assessments.
- Select the assigned assessment, enter the PIN, and click on Start Test.
- Or, from the Top Menu Bar, click on Assessments.
- Select the assigned assessment, click on Start, enter the PIN, and click on Start Test.