Answer Key Only, Express, ExamView, and Item Bank assessments may be administered on paper by using SchoolCity answer sheets and scored using SchoolCity Scan, or by using GradeCam™ technology. This document will review the process for printing answer sheets for administering assessments on paper.
Print Answer Sheets
There are two types of answer sheets offered, depending on how they will be scored - SchoolCity and GradeCam™. The SchoolCity answer sheets are traditional bubble sheets that are scored by using SchoolCity Scan. GradeCam™ sheets are uniquely designed to be scored by a device with the GradeCam™ plugin installed.
[Note: GradeCam™ must be licensed through SchoolCity. Please see the Help document, Scoring: Installing GradeCam.]
- Assessment Name, Subject, School Year
- Answer Sheet Type: Select the preferred type.
- Answer Sheet Template: Select the preferred template. Click on the view icon (eye) to preview each template. (See Step 3)
- Bubble Size: Select the preferred size for the answer sheet. Click on the view icon (eye) to preview each size. (See Step 4)
- Search for students by Course Group, Course, and/or Grade. Click Refresh.
- Schedule Students/Groups for printing. (See Step 6)
- Status of Printing: Partial Section Printed or Entire Section Printed (See Step 8)
- Number of students selected for printing.
- Print Answer Sheets or Generic Answer Sheet (SchoolCity Answer Sheets only). (See Step 7)
- The Individual Student template is unique for each student with the student’s information at the top of the page. Each student receives their own answer sheet.
- The Class Roster template has all student names on one sheet with only the test information at the top of the page. All students receive the same answer sheet. Each student bubbles in the Y bubble next to their name and proceeds with the test.
- Normal size bubble sheets have a maximum of 120 items.
- Large size bubble sheets have a maximum of 60 items.
GradeCam Answer Sheets
- The GradeCam™ Answer Sheet Template is by individual student only and there is only one bubble size.
- Student information is coded at the bottom of the answer sheet. For districts that have purchased the full version, these sheets have a maximum of 75 items. More than one sheet per student may be used. For districts that have the GradeCam Lite version, tests are restricted to 10 items or less.
Schedule Students for Printing
Depending on which students were scheduled to take the assessment during the setup of the assessment, there may be several options for printing answer sheets for these students.
By Students, Elementary: If you are an elementary teacher and you scheduled ALL students to take the assessment, you can see a list of all of students. Click on the green circle with a + sign to open the roster. Then select the box next to Unscheduled to select all students. Notice the message in the lower left hand corner indicating how many students have been selected for printing.
By Students, Secondary: If you are a secondary teacher, and you scheduled ALL students to take the assessment, then you will see a list of rosters for all courses you teach. Click on the green circle with + sign to open each roster. Select all students in each course by clicking on the box next to the course name. Notice the message in the lower left hand corner indicating how many students have been selected for printing
By Groups: If you have created groups of students in the Group Manager, you may also select students for printing By Groups instead of By Students.
Use the Filters to select students by Course Group, Course, or Grade. Click on Refresh when you have made your selection to see only the roster for the Course Group, Course, or Grade
Print Answer Sheets:
- Once you have scheduled the correct students to take the assessment, you can print the answer sheets by clicking on Print Answer Sheet in the lower right hand corner. You will see a PDF preview of the sheets before you actually print.
- For SchoolCity type sheets, you can also print a Generic Answer Sheet, if needed, for students who need to take the test, but who are not on the roster.
For GradeCam™ type answer sheets, since the student information (Form Identifier) is coded at the bottom of each sheet, blank sheets are not available for this type.
As the sheets are printing, you will see the status of the printing as Partial Section Printed (P) in blue or Entire Section Printed (C) in yellow-green next to the selected list.