Flip Cards are located on the Launchpad. Flip Cards allow you to access the primary features and functions within SchoolCity SUITE. When you click on a Flip Card, the card will “flip” over and reveal a menu of actions or features available within that category. Flip Cards are customizable for number, color, and position on the Launchpad.
FLIP CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Available Flip Cards depend on your User Role and the type of permissions given by your district. For example, if you do not have permission to create assessments, that Flip Card will not be available. In addition, each district decides which feature and functions to include in its SchoolCity SUITE instance.
Provides a short cut to the assessment manager, allows you to select the type of assessment you would like to create, and gives access the collections manager.
Once you click on one of the options you will be provided addition navigation paths or will navigate to the selection.
- Manage Assessments will open the Manage Assessments screen.
- Create Assessments will show the assessment types that can be created. Selecting an assessment type will take you to the respective assessment setup.
- Manage Collections will take you to the collections manager screen based on your permission. If you have permission to access multiple levels, then the card will show a list of the collection levels available to you, such as School Collections and District Collections.
PRINT ANSWER SHEETS
Provides a short cut to the most recently published assessments scheduled for paper administration. You can print answer sheets for AKO, Express, ExamView, and Item Bank assessments as set up during the assessment creation process.
Provides links to score assessments and view student notes depending on whether the Categorize Assessments option is toggled to Yes in the Flip Card Settings for Score. Click on the Scores flip card and select the gear icon in the top right corner to find the flip card settings.
When Categorize Assessments is set to No, the options available will be Score Assessments and View student notes, if there are any. Clicking Score Assessments will display options for scoring assessments (depending on availability): Score constructed response/writing prompt items, Scan scores using document camera, Enter scores for performance based assessments.
When Categorize Assessments is set to Yes, links to the Score Assessments options listed above and View student notes will be displayed (depending on availability).
Scanning scores using a document camera to score assessments is done with GradeCam™ technology. GradeCam™ must be licensed through SchoolCity.
Allows you to schedule and monitor an online assessment, score online constructed response items, enter answers in Student Answer Sheet as a teacher user (AKO/Express Assessment), and view notes students made in the Student Portal during an online assessment.
Provides quick links to all reports in the Report Manager. Select Other Reports to find reports other than Predefined reports, such as Custom Reports or Pivot Table reports. Predefined Reports will be listed after Other Reports.
Click on a report type to view that specific report for a selected assessment.
The Report Card module can be purchased separately by a district. If available, you can view, print, edit, and enter grades by student or by subject into a standards based report card.
Allows users to add favorite links to commonly used websites and easily access them from within SchoolCity Suite. Similar to bookmarks or favorites in a browser, you can access these links from any device once you log in to SchoolCity Suite.
To add links, click on the My Links Flip Card and on the flipped side, click on the gear icon at the top right corner. Next, click on Add New Link, enter the link title, copy/paste the URL, then click on Save.
Allows District Admin Level Users to access all SchoolCity Suite Administrator functions including District Default Settings, Roles and Permissions, Users, and Templates.
SchoolCity can add custom links to websites as requested by the District Administrator. Each district’s card will display with the district name and logo.
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION
The Curriculum & Instruction module is designed for Teachers to easily deliver daily instruction in an electronic platform. Teachers can create custom lessons and organize delivery to match their pacing guides.
Add and Remove Flip Cards
Choose the Flip Cards to display on the Launchpad.
- Click on the Gear icon in a blue box at the top right hand corner of the Launchpad.
- Check the box next to a Flip Card name to select or de-select it. A green check mark means the Flip Card will display. An open box means the Flip Card is an option available to you, but will not display unless selected. If the Flip Card is grayed out, it is not available for you to select.
- Click Save when you have made your selections. You may add and remove Flip Cards as often as desired.
REARRANGE THE FLIP CARDS
Click and drag to rearrange Flip Cards on the Launchpad.
- Left Click on a Flip Card.
- Holding down your cursor, drag the Flip Card to the desired location, then release.
CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE FLIP CARDS
Customize the color of each Flip Card.
- Click on the card to flip to the reverse side.
- Click on the Gear icon in the top right corner of the card.
- The Flip Card Color Settings will display. Click on the desired card color from the color options.
- Click on Save to save the new color.
- The new color will now display on the face of the Flip Card.