The Student Portal is where students can take online assessments, view test results and complete assignments. This lesson will cover basic navigation of the Student Portal Launchpad.
- Open an internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari), then navigate to your districts SchoolCity SUITE Student website provided by your teacher. Review the Login screen to make sure you are on the right page.
- SchoolCity <SUITE STUDENT> should be displayed in the upper left corner
- Your District name and logo should be below the Student Access User Name and Password
- Under STUDENT ACCESS, enter your User Name (provided by your teacher).
- Enter your Password (provided by your teacher). If Show Password is available, you can check this box to see your password as you enter it.
- Click on the Sign in button.
- Or, if your teacher has provided you with printed QR code, you can use the QR Code Login option to log in in to the Student Portal by clicking the button to the right of the Sign in button and holding your card in front of your device's camera when prompted.
Your district may have set up a Single Sign-on system. In this case, you will simply use your normal login credentials in the specified space
Once you are logged in, the first screen you will see is the Launchpad. This is your Home page. There are 4 main parts to the Launchpad:
- The User Menu Bar (green bar) - Displays 'Welcome' and Student Name in the left corner and Logout button to the right.
- The Top Menu Bar (white bar) See 'Top Menu' Bar section below.
Welcome message, your Name, and Date/Time Stamp
- The Flip Cards
Once logged into the Student Portal, the back browser button is disabled
Flip Cards provide quick links to assessments, score, lessons, and resources within the Student Portal. They correspond to the tabs in the Top Menu Bar.
- TAKE ASSESSMENTS Flip Card: Click on the card and it will “flip” over and reveal the assessments that are Available or Incomplete. Click on an assessment to begin taking it. “More” takes you to your complete list of assessments.
- REVIEW SCORES Flip Card: Click on the card and it will “flip” over to reveal the most recent assessments for which you can review the test results. Click on an assessment to review. “More” takes you to your complete list of scores to review.
- MY RESOURCES Flip Card: Click on the card and it will “flip” over to reveal the personal resources that have been assigned to you. Click on a resource title to review and complete. “More” takes you to your complete list of resources.
Add/Remove Flip Cards
- Click on the gear icon in the blue box in the upper right corner of the screen. This will open a menu for you to choose which flip cards you want to display.
- Check the box next to the cards you want on your Launchpad.
- Click Save.
Rearrange the Flip Cards
Flip Cards can be rearranged in any order by selecting a Flip Card and dragging it to a different position.
Customize the Color of the Flip Cards
To change the color of a Flip Card, click on the Flip Card to “flip” it.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner on the back of the card.
- Click on the desired color in the chart.
- Click on Save to display the new color.