Below are recent updates made in between official releases for v11.2. As always, if you have any questions about a feature, please contact your Customer Success Manager or Customer Support.
- Now you can arrange and decide when Elementary Report Cards are available and displayed on Illuminate Home Connection Student and Parent Portal!
- As part of the creation process, the last step is to Manage Portal.
- Those who have used Elementary Report Cards in prior years, may need to adjust and apply for historical report cards.
- The RCAdmin or System Admin needs additional permissions to manage portal for report cards.
For historical report cards, this will turn off all report cards from Portal. All report cards including past report cards, must be configured through the Manage Portal page for them to show up on Portal.
By default, new Elementary Report Cards will not show in Portal.
- Illuminate is proud to announce a new integration with Skyward Gradebooks!
- Users can now push Illuminate assessments into their points-based Skyward Gradebooks by Grading Category and Overall Score.
- Sys Admin or those with permission will need to visit Integrations to establish an API connection as directed.
- Please note: this feature is currently available for standalone installations of Illuminate.
To learn more visit Manage Skyward Gradebook Integration and Push Assessment Results to Skyward Points Based Gradebooks.
- The header row for field groups when in Entry by Field Group would cut off the first row of the header. If the header is 1 line only, it would disappear. If the header is long and continues to 2 lines, the first line would be cut off, but only the 2nd line would appear. Now, the header row fully displays at all times for all students, when the teacher scrolls down on this screen as expected.
To learn more about Elementary Report Cards and entry options like Field Group Entry, visit Elementary Report Card Grade Entry Overview.
- While gradebook users with permission to edit can adjust the rounding applied to assignment scores, this change doesn't impact the gradebook overall mark. It appears that only gradebook owners can adjust the rounding for the overall mark. The rounding preference (whole number, ".000", ".00" and ".0") in Gradebooks now reprots that is changed the assignment scores as well as the overall mark for users with permission to edit.
Reports & Known Data
A new import tool for ACT Grad Class 2017-2018 student data is available for the following data sets:
- 2017-2018 ACT Scores
- 2017-2018 ACT Reporting Categories
- 2017-2018 ACT Courses
- 2017-2018 ACT Student Profile Section
- 2017-2018 ACT Interest
- 2017-2018 ACT Writing
- 2017-2018 ACT Demographics
- No Student Profile widgets at this time
- No prebuilt reports available at this time
- Smarter Balance Assessment 2016-2017, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 datasets have been updated to include a 45 (rather than 43) column format, with a "LanguageCode" field being placed at position 33, and a "LanguageAltCode" field being place at position 34.
- The following have been updated with the new format for successful importing:
- Smarter Balanced Assessment 2016-2017 (LEA Level Export)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment 2017-2018 (LEA Level Export)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment 2018-2019 (LEA Level Export)
- Data values such as Add Risk Level text and numeric columns in FAST assessments have been added as meta data for use in Custom Reports
SBA Interim Assessment data has been enhanced to help see which students took which 18-19 SBA Interim Assessment Block Assessments so they could track participation which the following new columns:
- Read Literary Texts
- Read Informational Texts
- Brief Writes
- Language and Vocabulary Use
- Performance Task
- Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Number and OperationsFractions
- Measurement and Data
- Number and Operations in Base Ten
- Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- The Number System
- Expressions and Equations
- Statistics and Probability
- Expressions & Equations I
- Expressions & Equations II
- Algebra & Functions I
- Algebra & Functions II
- Geometry and Right Triangle Trigonometry
- Seeing Structure in Expressions and Polynomial Expressions
- Geometry Congruence
- Geometry Measurement and Modeling
- Interpreting Functions
- Number and Quantity
- Mathematics Performance Task
Each assessment above now includes metadata report columns for:
- Test Date
- Performance Level
- Performance Level Text
- Scale Score
- Scale Score Standard Error
The new assessments added are labeled:
- 2018-2019 SBA ELA Interim (IAB) Assessments
- 2018-2019 SBA Math Interim (IAB) Assessments
*(IAB) in the title signifies the assessment view is specifically for Interim Assessment Blocks and not Comprehensive.
- It was previously reported that when using Enrollment by Terms meta data in Custom Reports, results were being duplicated
- Now, when using such meta-data, duplicate records will not occur.
- StudentContacts API has been updated to include contact mailing address
To visit your site's API information, enter your url address and append with ?ApiDocumentation#StudentContacts
- Users without the permission to Edit User was seeing the option to do so
- While unable to complete the task, the available task has now been updated to only be visible if the permission is enabled for the user
Illuminate Student Information System (ISI)
6 new columns were introduced in the SENR and now have been added to Student Demographics and as Meta Data for Custom Reports
- 1. Post Secondary/Transition Status Indicator
- 2. Workforce Readiness (Strategic Skills) Certificate Program Completion Indicator
- 3. Food Handler Certification Program Completion Indicator
- 4. Pre-Apprenticeship Certification Program Completion Indicator
- 5. Pre-Apprenticeship Program (non-certification) Completion Indicator
- 6. State or Federal Job Program Completion Indicator
Last week the fields became available in Student Demographics.
- When editing a non-transfer grade on the student transcript page, error/validation messages aren't being displayed as expected. Now, if there are errors upon entry, a message will properly alert the user as expected.
- There were reports that users were unable to save any information of Early Childhood Details page when "Dual Language" program removed on the Student Program
- Now, users are able to save information to the Early Childhood Details page regardless of the dual language and language of instruction fields being filled out
- Language of Instruction field is available and user able to add successfully for One-Way and Two-Way Immersion
- Error message prompt will appear when an overlapping program for dual language enter
- System not accept Dual Language( One-Way Immersion and Two-Way Immersion) at the same date range, as expected
Illuminate Special Education (ISE)
Three new fields have been added for you to use in custom reports. They are: State Assessment (Include Alterante Assessment), State Assessment Rationale and State Assessment: Subtest with Assessment. NOTE: Be sure to share these out with the appropriate role(s)/user(s) so that they can be used by going to Manage Custom Reporting Data.