The Report Card is a SchoolCity SUITE module that can be purchased separately by the district. It is designed in collaboration with the district to include standards-based grading statements and grading rubrics based on district needs. In addition, the SchoolCity SUITE includes Report Card Admin permissions that can be granted to specific District and School Level Administrators in order to manage students, teachers, and Report Card settings.
Where to start:
- Click the grid icon to open the navigation grid menu, and select Report Card.
- Or, click on the REPORT CARD Flip Card.
- On the reverse side, select View/Print/Enter Grade By Student.
- On the Report Card screen, select Report Card Admin.
District Level users can move one or more students from one school to another and from one teacher’s roster to another within the district. School Level users can move one or more students from one teacher’s roster to another within the school.
- On the Report Card Admin screen, select Manage Students.
- District Level users: Select a School, then click Refresh.
- District and School Level users: Use the Student Search box to find a specific student. Enter the student’s ID number, Last, or First Name, then click on the magnifying glass icon to view the results.
- To move the student, click on the Move icon in the Functions column in the same row as the student’s name.
- District Level users: Select the student’s new School from the drop down list.
- District or School Level users: If the Report Card Teacher is also changing (the teacher who will complete the student’s report card), then slide No to Yes.
- Select the new Report Card Teacher. By default, the first set of teachers shown are those who teach the grade level in which the student is enrolled.
- Select More Teachers to view all teachers at the new school if the desired teacher is not shown. Select the new teacher, then click OK to continue.
- Select Move Student when the new School and/or new Teacher have been selected.
- A message will appear confirming this action. Click OK to continue. The student can be found on the new Report Card Teacher’s roster.
- View History of any transactions regarding a student by clicking on the History icon in the Functions column.
- The Activity Date, Activity, and User Full Name of the user who made changes will be displayed.
Like-Grade Level Teachers can be linked within a district, within a school, or within a grade in order to “share” students’ report cards.
Linking teachers allows them to grade shared students; however, only one teacher can edit a student’s report card at a time.
- Select the Manage Teachers tab.
- District Level users can select a Grade Level and/or School, while School Level users can select a Grade Level.
- Use the Search box to find a specific teacher in the district or school.
This function provides access to the Report Card settings in order to make revisions and edits. Settings made at the District Level apply to all users within the district. Settings made at the School Level apply to all users within the school.
- Select the Manage Settings tab.
- Users cannot change this property: Check this box if you want all properties to be un-editable. All settings will be the same for all users. Or, check the box next to a property to make that specific one un-editable.
- Reporting Periods: The Number of Reporting Periods is set by the district and cannot be changed.
- Reporting Period Labels may be changed. Click inside the label box and rename. For example, Fall can be changed to Semester I, and End-of-Year can be changed to Semester II.
- Start Dates and End Dates may be changed. Click the calendar icon next to the date to change it. Note that Reporting Periods may not overlap. If the ending date for the first period is changed, the beginning of the next period will automatically change to the following day.
- All Report Card Comments Permitted: If No, check only those comment types you want to enable (shown with a green box and white checkmark). To enable all comment types, slide No to Yes, and all comment types will be shown with a blue box and white checkmark.
- Report Card Comments Textbox Size: Determine if the size of the comments textbox on the Report Card should be fixed at 1200 characters or unlimited. If unlimited, it may affect the length of a completed and printed report card.
- Save Changes or Cancel: When all edits and selections have been made, click on Save Changes.
- Confirmation message: This will confirm that all settings have been saved. Click OK to continue.