The Report Card is a specially designed SchoolCity SUITE module purchased separately by the district, and designed in collaboration with the district. Standards-based grading statements and grading rubrics are variable depending on the district needs. Users can enter grades by student and/or by subject. This document will review how to view, print, and enter grades by student.
Please refer to the Help documents, Report Card: Enter Grade By Subject and Enter Comments, for more information on completing the Report Card.
Key Words: Report Card, View, Print, Enter Grade, By Student
Report Card Home Screen
The By Student tab should be selected and highlighted in orange.
- Search box: Find a specific student to grade. Click Refresh to see results.
- Second Language search: Find students by home language. (Options determined by the district). Click Refresh to see results.
- Show Inactive Students: Show all students who have been on your roster even if they are no longer on the current roster (inactive). These students may need a report card completed.
- Filter Not Complete: Show all students whose report cards have not yet been completed.
- Second Language: Select the student’s home language. The report card will be printed in both the home language and English.
- Print All/Selected: Use these functions when ready to print all or selected report cards. Check the box in the header to select all students, or the box next to specific students, then click on Print All/Selected. A PDF will be generated for printing.
- Print Blank: Use this function to print a blank report card. A PDF of all grades will be generated. Find the desired grade level pages to print.
- Edit: The pencil icon indicates that this student’s report card is in progress. Click on the pencil to continue working on this student’s card. Click on the printer icon to generate a PDF of this report card, which can then be printed.
- New Report Card: Click on the plus sign icon to begin entering grades for a specific student.
Report Card Data Entry by Student
- School Year
- Selected student: Click on the student’s name to view a drop down list of your roster and choose a specific student. Or, use the Prev and Next buttons to scroll to the prior student’s card or next student’s card.
- Report Card Complete: Check this box to indicate the student’s report card is complete. Once checked, the report card cannot be edited. Uncheck to make edits. (See Step 5)
- Grade Level and Report Card Grading Period (teal). [Note: Reporting periods and grades from previous reporting periods will be viewable, as determined by the district.]
- Subject bar (tan)
- Subject Section bar (gray): Includes Grade box
- Standards statements: Statements are determined by the district for each subject in each grade.
- PDF: Generate a PDF of this student’s report card.
- Previous: Return to the Report Card home screen where you can view your class roster.
- Save / Save & Go To Next Student: Save your work as you enter grades, and proceed to the next student on the roster.
- As a short cut, enter the same grade for all statements within a section of a subject by clicking in the open cell in the gray bar. (This grade will not appear in the section header on the report card. Only the grades for each statement will appear.) Press the Enter key, and the same grade will populate in all cells.
- The grading Rubric will appear to the right when you click inside any cell.
- Change a grade for a specific statement by clicking inside the desired cell (highlighted in blue), deleting the grade, and entering the correct grade.
- Instead of using the short cut of entering a grade in the gray bar for all standard statements, a grade may be entered individually for each statement. Click inside each cell to enter the grade.
Complete Report Card
- Check the Report Card Complete box when all grades and comments have been completed. Note: If edits need to be made later, uncheck this box, and continue to enter grades as before.
- A message will appear confirming this action. Click OK to continue.
- Click on Previous to return to the Report Card home page (By Student tab will be orange).
- A green box with a white checkmark will appear in place of the pencil icon in the row with the student’s name. The report card is now ready for printing and distribution.
To learn more about report cards in SchoolCity, see the guides in SchoolCity, Report Card.