Once a Performance Based A+ Assessment has been created and published in Schoolcity Suite, the students’ test scores can be entered. This document will review how to enter students’ scores for a Performance Based A+ Assessment.
Accessing the A+ Scoring screen
From the Top Menu Bar, select Assessments (1a). Find the desired published A+ assessment from the list in the Assessment Manager. Select the bolded A+ scoring icon (computer) (1b). This will take you to the A+ scoring screen, where you can enter the students’ scores.
Or, from the SchoolCity Suite Launchpad, select the SCORE flip card (1c). On the flipped side, select Enter scores for performance based (A+). Find the assessment you wish to score, or click on More… to go to the Assessment Manager (1d).
Viewing the A+ Scoring screen
- Assessment Name, Subject and School Year.
- Notice to periodically save work when entering scores. This is critical in order to avoid losing data if timed out.
- Search by Period to enter student scores for each class roster. Click Refresh after making your selection.
- Total number of students on the selected roster.
- Scoring grid as set up by the assessment creator with objectives (sub-scores).
- Save Use often! Scores will be automatically added to the reports for this assessment.
- The scoring grid functions like a spreadsheet. Click inside the target cell to enter a score for each objective for each student.
- The Overall and % Correct will be automatically calculated if each objective has the same Score Label (e.g., Raw Score) and the Score Type is Numeric.
- If you make an error when entering scores, click inside the cell to edit or delete.
- Cells/columns/rows you are working in are highlighted in yellow.
- All other cells are white.
- The Overall and % Correct columns are highlighted in gray.
Entering an Invalid Score
- If a score is entered that is not within the appropriate range or type as set by the assessment creator, the cell will be highlighted in red.
- A message will appear with the valid range of scores to be entered. Delete the invalid score and enter a valid one.
To learn more about scoring assessments in SchoolCity, see the guides in SchoolCity, Score Assessments.