Once a Performance Based Assessment has been created and published in Schoolcity Suite, the students’ test scores can be entered. This document will review how to enter students’ scores for a Performance Based Assessment.
Accessing the Performance Based Scoring screen
- From the Top Menu Bar, select Assessments.
- Find the desired assessment from the list in the Assessment Manager. Select the bolded Score Online icon (computer).
- Or, from the SchoolCity Suite Launchpad, select the SCORE flip card.
- On the flipped side, select Enter scores for performance based assessments.
- Find the assessment you wish to score, or click on More… to go to the Assessment Manager.
Viewing the Performance Based Assessment Scoring screen
- Assessment Name, Subject and School Year.
- Notice to periodically save work when entering scores. This is critical in order to avoid losing data if timed out.
- Search by Period to enter student scores for each class roster. Click Refresh after making your selection.
- Total number of students on the selected roster.
- Scoring grid as set up by the assessment creator with objectives (sub-scores).
- Save Use often! Scores will be automatically added to the reports for this assessment.
- The scoring grid functions like a spreadsheet. Click inside the target cell to enter a score for each objective for each student.
- The Overall and % Correct will be automatically calculated if each objective has the same Score Label (e.g., Raw Score) and the Score Type is Numeric.
- If you make an error when entering scores, click inside the cell to edit or delete.
- Cells/columns/rows you are working in are highlighted in yellow.
- All other cells are white.
- The Overall and % Correct columns are highlighted in gray.
Entering an Invalid Score
- If a score is entered that is not within the appropriate range or type as set by the assessment creator, the cell will be highlighted in red.
- A message will appear with the valid range of scores to be entered. Delete the invalid score and enter a valid one.