Online Markup is an option when creating an Item Bank Assessment. Online Markup includes setting Text to Speech (TTS) for passages and/or items, adding Pop-Ups and Rollovers, as well as creating or uploading Resources for the assessment as a whole or for specific items.
- Online Markup is found in the Summary step of the assessment creation process.
- Click on Online Markup. This takes you to the Markup Panel where you will see the Markup Options in the upper right.
- Markup Options: Text to Speech, Pop-up, Rollover, Resources, Delete Markup.
Text to Speech: Set TTS for both passages and items, or only one or the other.
- Click on Text to Speech.
- Check the box next to the passage title or item number to set TTS. It will change to green with a white check.
Pop-ups: Used for definitions of words or phrases.
- Highlight text for which you want to add a Pop-up, then click on Pop-up.
- Enter the Pop-up Content for the Selected Text, then click on Add Markup.
- The pop-up will display as an underlined word in the text. Students will click on the word and the Pop-up will appear directly above the word or phrase. Close the Pop-up by clicking on the x in the upper right corner.
Rollover: Used for definitions or explanations of phrases or sentences.
- Highlight text for which you want to add a Rollover, then click on Rollover.
- Enter the Rollover Content for the Selected Text, and click on Add Markup.
- The Rollover will display as an arrow to the right of the sentence. Students will click on the arrow and the Rollover will appear above the original sentence or phrase. Close the Rollover by clicking on the orange down arrow.
Add Resources: Resources can be added or to the test as a whole and/or to a specific item. Students can access the resource(s) at any point during the assessment.
- Resources for Assessment: Resources can be created or uploaded from a PDF.
- Create a Resource: Click on the + icon (it changes to orange), then use the CKEditor to create the resource.
- Click on Save & Preview, or Save.
- Upload a Resource: Click on the upload icon next to the + icon.
- In the View/Upload Documents window, drag and drop the file from your desktop or click in the open space to select the file from your desktop. When uploaded, the resource will display with a green check.
- Click Save & Preview, or Save.
- Students can view the resources by clicking on the down arrow next to the globe icon to the right of each item, then clicking on the name of the resource. Close the resource by clicking on the x in the upper right hand corner.
- Resources for Item: The process is the same as described above for creating a resource, or uploading a resource.
- Students can view all resources by clicking on the down arrow next to the globe icon to the right of each item, then clicking on the name of the resource.
- Remove a created resource by opening the resource and clicking on the trash can icon.
- Remove an uploaded resource by opening the resource and clicking on Remove file.
- In the pop up message, click OK or Cancel.
Delete Online Markup:
- Go back to Markup Options. Then click on Delete Markup.
- Delete from Screen: This selection will delete all markups from the current screen, as described in the warning message. Click Delete Markups or Cancel.
- Delete from Assessment: This selection will delete all markups from the entire assessment as described in the warning message. Click Delete Markups or Cancel.