District SchoolCity Administrators (Admin or District Role in SchoolCity SUITE) have the ability to create and edit user accounts for all staff using SchoolCity SUITE. This document will review how to manage users in the Admin module.
Please also refer to the Help document, System Admin: Default Roles and Permissions for District/School/Teacher Users
- From the Top Menu Bar, select the Apps icon (waffle), and select Admin to go to the Admin module.
Or, from the Launchpad, click on the ADMIN Flip Card. On the reverse side, select Users.
- Search Filters: Use the drop down menus to find a group of users, then click Refresh.
- Search Box: Use to find a specific user. Enter the first or last name of specific user, then click on the magnifying glass icon.
- Download icon: Export the report to Excel of CSV.
- Inactivate/Delete: Check the box to the left of the user’s name. Then click on the I icon to Inactivate or Trash can icon to Delete. In the message that appears, click on the appropriate choice. (See below)
- Select All Records: By default, 50 records display per page. Check the box next to Select All Records to view all.
- User Information: User Name, Last Name, First Name, Role, District/School, Status (Active or Inactive), Assume Identity, Functions (Edit, History, Inactivate, Rename, Reset Password).
- Assume Identity: Admin and District with permission, may assume the identity of another user, normally for the purposes of problem-solving. (Please refer to the Help document, System Admin: Assume Identity, for more information).
- Create New User: Add a new user in the district.
Create a New User: In general, new users are automatically created during the nightly import process from a file generated by the District and uploaded to our secure FTP site. However, some districts manually manage staff files, and can create new users as needed.
- Click on the Users tab.
- Click on Create New User.
- User Name: Give the new User a username to login with. All usernames must be unique.
- Password: The default (initial) password is Schoolcity1 but can be changed using this field. User will be prompted to change this password during the 1st login.
- Name: Enter in the User’s first and last names. (Required) Middle name is optional.
- Email: Required information so that the system can notify the user if password needs to be reset.
- Role: Choose the proper role(s) for this user. Users may have multiple roles.
- Each role can have the data view limited to specific schools and/or grades. For example, a department chair can be granted limited access to only grade 9 from a specific school, while an instructional coach can be granted access to grades 3-5 for all elementary schools in the district (See Step 4).
- Click Save to save this new User. Click Back to return to the previous page.
Limit Data View (optional): This option will allow you to limit data for specific schools and/or grade levels. Users with Teacher roles MUST have an assigned School and Teacher.
- Choose the user’s Primary Role. (Used only if user has multiple roles)
- Select School(s): From the drop-down list, select the school(s) restriction. If blank, user will have access to all schools.
- Select Grade(s): From the drop-down list, select the grade(s) restriction. If blank, user will have access to all grade levels.
- Click Save to save to save the changes, or Back to return to the previous page.
Edit User: User accounts can be edited to add or modify their current roles or reset their password.
- Click on the Users tab.
- Use the Search filters to narrow the list of users. Click Refresh.
- Search for the specific user by entering his/her name in the search box. Click on the magnifying glass icon.
- To the right of the user’s name, click on the down arrow under Functions, then click on Edit.
- To add or edit the user’s role, click on the Role drop down menu and select the desired Role.
- The new role will be listed below. If this is an additional role for this user, select which role to make as the user’s primary role when he/she logs into SchoolCity SUITE. Select the School(s) if this is a School Level role. Select grade(s), if applicable.
- Click Save after adding the role or making any other edits.