District administrators who have the ADMIN role in SchoolCity Suite have the ability to grant various permissions to other district staff, school principals, curriculum specialists, instructional coaches, and teachers according to what the specific user needs to see and do within the SchoolCity Suite. These permissions determine what role(s) the user is assigned. This document will review the specific permission of Assume Identity. The Assume Identity permission allows the user to assume the identity of another user for support purposes.
- From the Top Menu Bar, select the Apps icon (waffle) in the Top Menu Bar. Then select Admin
Or, from the Launchpad, click on the ADMIN Flip Card. On the reverse side, select Roles
Select Assume Identity permission:
- Select the Roles tab.
- A list of roles for all district users can be viewed, along with a brief description of each.
- To edit the permissions for each role, click on the down arrow under Functions.
- Select the System Admin tab.
- Check the box next to Assume Identity to grant this role the ability to do so.
- Click Save when finished.
- To assume the identity of another user, select the Users tab to find the specific person needing support.
- Use the Search box to type in the name of the intended user, then click the magnifying glass icon.
- In the Assume Identity column, click on the Assume Identity icon.
- A text box will appear asking for confirmation of the action requested. Select Confirm. This will take you directly to the selected user’s instance.
- While assuming another user’s identity, an orange bar will show underneath the blue User Menu Bar with the selected user’s role and name.
- Click on End Session to close the window.