The Student Portal is where students can take online assessments, view test results, and complete assignments. This document will review basic navigation of the Student Portal Launchpad.
Log in to the Student Portal
Open an internet browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari), then navigate to your district’s SchoolCity Suite website provided by your teacher.
- SchoolCity Suite logo.
- Your District Name and District Logo.
- Under STUDENT ACCESS, enter your User Name (provided by your teacher).
- Enter your Password (provided by your teacher). If Show Password is available, you can check this box to see your password as you enter it.
- Click on the Sign in button.
[Note: Your district may have set up a Single Sign On system. In this case, you will simply use your normal log in credentials in the specified space.]
The first screen you will see is the Launchpad. This is your Home page. There are 4 main parts to the Launchpad:
- The User Menu Bar (green bar). (See Step 3)
- The Top Menu Bar (white bar) (See Step 4)
- Welcome message, your Name, and Time Stamp
- The Flip Cards (See Steps 5-8)
[Note: Once logged into the Student Portal, the back browser button is disabled.]
Flip Cards provide quick links to assessments, score, lessons, and resources within the Student Portal. They correspond to the tabs in the Top Menu Bar.
- TAKE ASSESSMENTS Flip Card: Click on the card and it will “flip” over and reveal the assessments that are Available or Incomplete. Click on an assessment to begin taking it. “More” takes you to your complete list of assessments.
- REVIEW SCORES Flip Card: Click on the card and it will “flip” over to reveal the most recent assessments for which you can review the test results. Click on an assessment to review. “More” takes you to your complete list of scores to review.
- MY RESOURCES Flip Card: Click on the card and it will “flip” over to reveal the personal resources that have been assigned to you. Click on a resource title to review and complete. “More” takes you to your complete list of resources.
- ELA LESSONS and MATH LESSONS Flip Cards: If your teacher has assigned lessons in ELA and Math for completion in the Student Portal, you can “flip” these cards to access them. Click on a Lesson title to complete it.
Add/Remove Flip Cards
- Click on the gear icon in the blue box in the upper right corner of the screen. This will open a menu for you to choose which flip cards you want to display.
- Check the box next to the cards you want on your Launchpad.
- Click Save.
Rearrange the Flip Cards
Flip Cards can be rearranged in any order by selecting a Flip Card and dragging it to a different position.
Customize the Color of the Flip Cards:
To change the color of a Flip Card, click on the Flip Card to “flip” it.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner on the back of the card.
- Click on the desired color in the chart.
- Click on Save to display the new color.
To learn more about the Student Portal in SchoolCity, see the guides in SchoolCity, Student Portal.