The Student Portal is where students can take online assessments, view their test results, and access personal resources. This document will review how to take an Answer Key Only (AKO) assessment in the Student Portal, including the use of tools that may be available
Where to Start
- From the Top Menu Bar, select Assessments.
- Click on the Start arrow next to the assessment name as instructed by your Test Administrator .
A Student may only take an assessment when it is shown as Available in the Status column. If it is shown as Unavailable, check with your Test Administrator for instructions.
- Or, click on the TAKE ASSESSMENTS Flip Card.
- Click on the assessment name as instructed by your Test Administrator.
- As a security measure, some assessments may require you to enter a 4-Digit PIN before you can take the assessment. The same PIN will be provided to all test-takers by the Test Administrator.
- Click on Start Test.
If a PIN is not required, you may begin taking the test as soon as you click on the assessment name.
- The Assessment Name and Number of Items (test questions) will appear at the top left.
- Hide or Display header information.
- Student Name: Click on the down arrow to view the header. Click on the up arrow to close the header.
- Assessment Questions: The entire test appears on the left side of the screen. Use the scroll bars to scroll up/down and left/right. The online answer sheet appears on the right side where you will enter your answers. Use the blue scroll bar to scroll up and down to view the entire answer sheet.
- Up/Down arrows: Return to the top of the test.
- Test Page number: Shows the current page out of the total number of pages.
- Magnify view: Use the -/+ symbols or the drop down menu under Full Width to magnify the assessment text.
- Maximize the Questions Window: Click on the arrow to expand the test questions to full screen.
- Tool Box: Contains tools you may use during the test.
- Done - View Results: Click here when your test is ready for scoring.
- Exit Testing: If for any reason, you must stop taking the test, or if you are directed by your Test Administrator to do so, select Exit Testing. Your work will be saved, but you will be logged out of the testing session. You may be able to log in again to continue taking the assessment, given the time window is still open and you have permission from the Test Administrator. You may need to be given another PIN if one is required.
- By Item Tools: Additional tools that may be available for use with specific items.
The Logout button is not available in the header during a test.
The online answer sheet may not be expanded.
The Student Portal is the User Interface used by students to take online assessments. SchoolCity SUITE offers students a variety of tools that may be available for an assessment. Available tools are determined by the Test Administrator and/or the Test Creator.
Please see the Online Tools Help Document for a full description of the tools available for Student use.
The tools that may be available to you are determined by the Test Administrator and/or Test Creator.
- Click on the Tool Box icon to open and select the tools and calculator you wish to use.
- Check the box(es) of the tools you want. Uncheck a box to put the tool away.
- Then click on Close. You will need to select the tools again when you move to the next item
- When you have answered all the items on the test, click on Done - View Results.
- A Submit Alert message will appear giving you an opportunity to review your answers, or submit for scoring.
- Review Items takes you back to the test.
- Submit for Scoring scores your test.
- Percent Correct: Your test score can be viewed.
- View Time Used, Number of Items in the Assessment, Items Answered Correctly and Incorrectly, and the Number of Items Not Yet Scored.
- Thermometer: A visual image of a thermometer may appear filled with a color representing your total score.
Note the message in red that some items still need to be hand scored (the constructed response and short answer items).
Depending on Test Security measures, the student may be able to view the test results details immediately.
- Click on Scores in the Top Menu Bar.
- Find the test you wish to review and click on View Result.
- The red "*" will no longer display once the items that require scoring have been scored.