Admin and District Level Users are able to request that statistics be calculated on the Item Analysis Report for these types of District Assessments: Answer Key Only (AKO), Express, ExamView, and Item Bank. The assessment must have at least two test items and the test window must be closed. The statistics that will be calculated are Mean, Standard Deviation, Cronbach Alpha, Standard Error of Measurement, P-value, and Point Biserial.
Permission to Calculate Statistics
- From the Top Menu Bar, select Admin under the Apps icon.
- Or, from the Launchpad, click on the ADMIN flip card.
- On the flipped side, select Roles.
- In the Roles tab of the Admin module, click on the down arrow to the right of District and select Edit.
- Click on the System Admin tab.
- Permission for Statistics is located at the bottom of the permission table. There are two permissions View and Update.
- View: Allows user to view statistics on an Item Analysis Report for a District assessment.
- Update: Allows user to request statistics calculations for a District assessment.
Note: In order to Update, the user must also have the View Statistics permission, as well as permission for District Summary Level Data View. The statistics can be calculated any number of times per assessment
- Request Statistics for a District Assessment
- From the Top Menu Bar, select Assessments to go the Assessment Manager.
- Find the closed District Assessment for which the statistics will be calculated.
- In the Functions column to the right of the assessment name, click on the down arrow, and select Calculate Statistics.
- A message will appear confirming this action. Note all CR items must be scored first before calculating statistics. Click OK to continue.
- From the Top Menu Bar, select Reports to go to the Report Manager. Then click on the Item Analysis Report.
- Check the box next to Statistics to view them.
- Statistics shown are: Mean, Standard Deviation, Cronbach Alpha, Standard Error of Measurement for the entire test, and P-value and Point Biserial for each item.
- Mean: Average score
- Standard Deviation: the amount of variation of scores, relative to the mean
- Cronbach Alpha: a measure of internal consistency; how closely related a set of items are as a group
- Standard Error of Measurement: a measure of the precision of the assessment
- P-Value: a measure of item difficulty; ranges between 0.0 and 1.0; the higher the value, the greater proportion of students answered correctly, thus an easier item.
- Point Biserial: a measure of item reliability; ranges between -1.0 and +1.0; correlates student scores on one item with scores on the test as a whole; the closer to 1.0, the more reliable an item is because it discriminates well among students who mastered test material and those who didn’t.