District administrators (Admin Role in SchoolCity) have the ability to create Griddable Templates to be used when creating Numerical Response Items for an Answer Key Only or Express assessment, or when creating personal items within a Work Space. Admin users may assign the role of Template Manager (with permission to View, Create/Edit, Copy, and/or Delete templates) to any other user in the district.
- From the Top Menu Bar, select the Apps icon (waffle), and then select Admin to go to the Admin module.
Or, from the Launchpad, click on the ADMIN Flip Card. On the reverse side, select Templates.
Templates: Griddable Templates can be used for paper or online administration. On paper, students bubble in the answer on the template. Online, students enter the answer on a keypad. In the example below, 9 Griddable Templates have been created.
- Create New Template (see Step 7).
- Preview a template by clicking on the template name.
- Click on the down arrow under Functions to Edit (see Step 3), Rename (see Step 4), or see its History (see Step 5).
- Make a Copy of the template (See Step 6).
- Delete a template by checking the open box next to the template name and clicking on the Delete icon (trashcan). [Note: You may not delete or edit a template that another user has created without permission to do so, or if it has already been used in an assessment.]
- Edit a Template: Click on the down arrow under Functions and select Edit.
If the Template is in use, the following message will be displayed
The Template Name may be changed.
- The Define Column Properties may be revised. The revisions will be shown under Format Column Order.
- Click Save when all edits have been made.
- Rename a Template: Click on the down arrow under Functions and select Rename.
Rename the Template as desired, then click Save. A message will appear confirming this action. Click OK to continue.
- View History: Click on the down arrow under Functions and select History.
Note the Activity Date, Activity, and User Full Name.
- Copy a Template: Select the template you want to copy by checking the open box next to the template name. Select the Copy icon (double pages).
Name the template copy, then click Save. A message will appear confirming this action. Click OK to continue.
Create New Template:
- Click on Create New Template.
- Write the Template Name in the text box.
- Define Column Properties: Enter the number of columns (maximum 10) by using the drop down.
- The Griddable Template will appear under Format Column Order.
- Include Decimals: Set decimals as a row or a column. Use the left/right arrows to place the decimal in the correct place.
- Include Fraction Bar: Set a fraction bar as a row or a column. Use the left/right arrows to place the fraction bar in the correct place.
- Include +/- Column: Sets the far left column as +/-.
- Click Save when the template is completed, or Cancel to start over. The new template will be listed under the Griddable Template tab in the Admin module, and can be used when creating a Numerical Response item.