This lesson will guide users through enabling assessment review settings for an online assessment. Assessment Review recreates the student experience where they receive graded test booklets back after taking a test. This will help students identify where they did well and what they can improve upon. This is offered to students for a limited amount of time as set by the teacher.
Students will need active Student Portal accounts to access the assessment review feature.
Where to Start
- Select Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Select the title of the assessment to open it.
- Go to Administration > Online Testing.
Enable Review Settings
- Select Edit on the online testing roster.
- Select Show next to Online Testing - Assessment Review Settings.
- View assessment and teacher feedback: When set to Yes, students can see their answers alongside the test booklet or questions. They will be able to review the assessment whether or not teacher-graded items have been scored.
- Enabled On: Turns on the ability for students to review the test starting at that specific date and time.
- Disabled On: Turns off the ability for students to review the test after that specific date and time.
- With Key: When set to Yes, students can see their results along with the answer key.
- Select Save.
Consider This! If users decide to enable View assessment and teacher feedback and their assessment contains Teacher-Graded items, student scores and results will seem lower if those items haven't been graded yet.
While a message is provided for students that there are items to be reviewed, users may want to enable the review settings after grading is completed.
To see how the assessment review feature looks for students, see the guide Reviewing My Test Results.