A Collection is a tool for organizing assessments within the Assessment Manager, similar to a folder. The ability to create and manage Collections is controlled by permissions.
This lesson will review how to create and manage a Collection from the Teacher Level user view.
Admin users may want to review the Default Role Permissions article for more information about granting Collections and other permissions for a user level.
To access Collections, the Collections permission in the Assessments tab must be enabled for a user's given role(s). This can be turned on at the Teacher, School, and/or District level, depending on the user access level selected for the role.
- Teacher Level users may create and manage Collections for assessments they create, and may view School and District Collections.
- School Level users may create and manage Collections for School assessments, and may view District Collections.
- District Level users may create and manage Collections for District assessments.
Where to Start
To create or manage a Collection from the Assessment Manager:
- In the navigation menu, click on Assessments.
- This will land you on Manage Assessments. On this screen,
- If you have permissions for more than one level, click the Manage Collections button and select Manage My Collections, Manage School Collections, or Manage District Collections.
- If you have permissions only for a single level, click on the Manage My Collections, Manage School Collections, or Manage District Collections button.
- You will land in the manage collections screen based on the selected level: Manage My Collections, Manage School Collections, or Manage District Collections
1. Create a Collection from the Assessment Manager
Navigate to Manage Assessments, click on Manage Collections, and select Manage My Collections. In the Manage My Collections screen, click Create Collection.
Enter the Collection Name (1).
You can toggle Setup as Subfolder (2) from No to Yes to set up this Collection as a subfolder within an existing Collection, then select the Existing Collection to which the new Collection will be added.
Click Save at the bottom of the screen to continue.
Use the filters and click the Refresh button (3) to narrow the list of available assessments that will be added to the new Collection.
Click on an assessment name in the Assessment Search Results column on the left (4) to add it to the new Collection. The assessment will move to the Selected Assessments column on the right (5). If you want to delete a selected assessment, click on the assessment name and it will move back to the Search Results column.
You can exit the Collection setup and return to the manage Collections screen by clicking on <- Manage Collections (6), or Cancel.
Click Save to continue. A message will then appear confirming the creation of the Collection. Click OK to proceed.
The new Collection will now be listed in Manage My Collections. If the new Collection was set up as a subfolder, it will be nested under the Collection that was selected in the Collection setup.
Click on the closed blue folder next to a Collection name to view its contents (subfolders or assessments within the Collection) (7). Click on the orange open folder to close the Collection.
Manage the Collection by clicking on the icons in the Functions column. With permission, you may be able to Edit (pencil), Copy (double pages), Rename (capital A), Delete (trashcan), Embargo Students Only (S with circle and line), or View History (clock) of the Collection.
2. Find the Collection in the Assessment Manager
In the Assessment Manager, use the Collection filter (9) to select the Collection of assessments to show, then click Refresh. Only the assessments within that Collection will be displayed.
3. Add an Assessment to a New Collection, or Add to an Existing Collection
In the Assessment Manager, find the assessment that will be added to a new or existing Collection.
In the same row as the assessment name, click on the down arrow on the far right under the Functions column, then select Add to Collection.
To place this assessment in a new Collection, select Add New (11), then enter the name of the new Collection and click Save.
Or, to add the assessment to an Existing Collection, select the name of the Collection from the drop down menu (12). A message will appear confirming this action. Click OK to continue.
4. Add Assessments in Bulk to a New Collection, or Add to an Existing Collection
In the Assessment Manager, find the assessments to be added to a New Collection or an Existing Collection, and check the box next to each assessment name.
Click on the C icon above the Functions column.
To place the assessments in a new Collection, select Add New (13), then enter the name of the new Collection and click Save.
Or, to add the assessments to an Existing Collection, select the name of the Collection from the drop down menu (14). A message will appear confirming this action. Click OK to continue.
Ready for more? Visit Manage Assessments to learn about managing SchoolCity SUITE assessments.