This lesson will guide you through using the Preview function in an assessment. This tool allows you to see what the testing environment looks like for students based on settings you have chosen.
Where to Start
- Click Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Click the title of your assessment to open it.
- Go to Administration > Online Testing.
To see more details on accessing the Online Testing page, select your assessment type: Flexible Assessment or Legacy Assessment
Select Preview Settings
- Click Preview Assessment.
- (Optional) Adjust any of the Online Testing Administration or Tool Settings in the popup.
- Click Preview.
The settings enabled in the Preview are not the settings your students will see. To change the student testing settings, use the Edit link on your online testing roster.
Start Assessment Preview
- Click Begin Test.
- Click through the assessment to explore the testing environment.
- To exit the preview, close the tab or click your name and Return to DNA.
Want students to be able to review their assessment results in detail after testing? See the guide Enable Assessment Review Settings to learn more.